October poll results

Here are the results of the October poll, which asked the question, "What do you think of the Lord John books and stories?"
  • 22.35% - I love them!
  • 20.37% - I enjoy them, but I prefer to read about Jamie and Claire.
  • 10.81% - They're an integral part of the overall series.
  • 10.08% - They add a lot of depth to his character.
  • 8.73% - I haven't read any of them yet, but I'm planning to.
  • 8.00% - I started reading them after seeing what a major role he played in the main OUTLANDER series.
  • 5.09% - I'm not interested in reading them.
  • 3.95% - I like seeing a different side of 18th century life than we get in the OUTLANDER books.
  • 2.08% - I think they're boring.
  • 1.87% - I wish Diana would quit writing about him.
  • 1.35% - I'm not interested in reading about a gay character.
  • 1.14% - I'm new to OUTLANDER and haven't encountered Lord John yet.
  • 4.16% - Other
Here are the responses for "Other":
  • meh, I'm not a big fan of John Gray
  • LJG makes me laugh out loud. I love him and Tom too! Read and listen!
  • I found most of them difficult to get into and have only read 2
  • a love story no matter the gender is beautiful...glad to see someone write for it
  • I would be very intersted in looking at 18th c. london gay life
  • I love the Lord John character so I really enjoy the Lord John books!
  • I love LJ. I started reading Diana thanks to him. He's my favorite character!
  • Loved The Scottish Prisoner, but couldn't get into the others.
  • I love them & they add depth & they're an integral part & more 18th century :)
  • I have read two of the Lord John Books when Jamie is involved. Don't like him.
  • I read one and didn't like it. Haven't read any others.
  • I re-read them all back to back and enjoyed them so much more.
  • LJG is one of my favorite characters...an honorable man.
  • wish I could choose more than one. Love them. LJG is my fave character.
  • I like them only if Jamie is in them.
  • I have read a few but don't like his character so have read none after that.
  • I did not like the book
  • Brotherhood of the Blade and Scottish Prisoner show Jamie/John relationship.
  • I love them AND they add a lot of depth to his character.
  • I prefer LJ short novels vs novellas
  • I couldn't finish the first one , I keep looking for Claire and Jamie
  • Good as filler.
  • Always want another one!
  • reading to get more Jamie details.
  • liked them, helped me recognize characters in the main series
  • Enjoyed Scottish Prisoner, not so much Brotherhood. Just surviving till BOOK 9!!
  • Options 5, 6, 7, 9 and 12
  • I love the insight they give me into Lord John but I find them a bit boring.
  • I love them Lord John is my favorite
  • They add....., They're an..... AND I love them!
  • Have only read the Scottish Prisoner because Jamie
  • I don't think he respects J's marriage to C.
  • I listen to them on audio but have never read them
  • Love LJ, but the only book I like is Scottish Prisoner
  • I can't get enough of Diana's characters!
  • Her time would be better spent writing MORE about Jamie and Claire.
  • I like the Lord John series but would LOVE to read more about Master Raymond!
  • Lord John had to grow on me, is now my favourite character after Claire
  • Overall... LJ leaves me cold.
  • I have read both Outlander (8) & LJ books. I prefer Lord John.
There were 962 responses to this month's poll. Thanks very much to everyone who participated!

Please take a moment to vote in the November poll, which asks, "Have you ever been to Scotland?" Thanks!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.